Go ahead! Indulge yourself and read my blog=)

:) Go ahead! Indulge yourself and read my blog!



Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas:)

Wow! Can you believe it? Christmas is upon us! It has snuck up on us slowly and surely as it always does. This year I have made a major effort in getting gifts. I really wanted to do something special for my family.

This Fall, I joined Beta Club. We had a fundraiser and we sold Avon. This is what first got me thinking about getting gifts for my family. I spent 50 bucks on Avon, but it was so worth it because I know my family will truly enjoy their gifts! I can't wait until I get to see their faces open them. They're not much, but I put alot of effort into picking out these gifts.

Every year on Christmas day, my family (my mom, dad, and two sisters) open Christmas gifts together. On Christmas Eve, we go to my grandparents' on my mom's side to open gifts from them. The day before Christmas Eve, my family ventures to my grandma's to, once again, open gifts.

This year, my youth group had a Christmas party. It was so much fun. The theme of the party was based on the movie "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." Each of us were supposed to dress up as a character from the movie. I chose to be Cindy Lou Who. As most of you know, she has some crazy hair going on! My mom did my hair exactly how Cindy's is in the movie. It looked pretty awesome, if I do say so myself! :)

  

This year will be different, though. I lost my grandpa this past July. That will be an important element to our family events that we will truly miss.

I have great hopes for this Christmas and I hope my family appreciates their gifts. Well, I'll probably post about what happens during our family festivities later!

2 comments: